RTO Full Form | Full Form of RTO
i) RTO Full Form - Regional Transport Office / Road Transport Office
Regional Transport Office/ Road Transport Office
- RTO stands for Regional Transport Office. It's an Indian government bureau which is responsible for registration of vehicles.
- It's situated in every state of India which issues driving licenses and vehicle registration cards.
- Almost every state of India has the regional transport offices in most of the districts.
- RTO offices provide digitized cards in some states, like in Madhya Pradesh. In Madhya Pradesh, driver's licenses and vehicles registration are provided in form of a card with the size of a pan card.
- Some sates like Tamil Nadu provide the facility of e-services for citizens for information like contact details, status of the request and tax rates of vehicles.
- RTO is reported as the most corrupt department of India for bribing a day. In 2000, a survey conducted by the general public affairs center to study the general public administration of Bangalore.
- According to the report, 57% people claimed to pay bribe averaging up to 637 per case.
- In 2014, a proposal had been passed by union minister of road transport to increase online functions to curb corruption.
ii) RTO Full Form - Regional Transport Officer
Regional Transport Officer
- The regional transport officer is that the chief of the regional transport office of a specific area or district.