SENSEX Full Form | Full Form of SENSEX
SENSEX Full Form - Stock Exchange Sensitive Index
Stock Exchange Sensitive Index
- SENSEX stands for Stock Exchange Sensitive Index. It’s the oldest Stock Exchange in India which is additionally called BSE-30.
- It’s a free floating stock market index which uses free floating market capitalisation method to reflect the position of companies within the stock market.
- It doesn't consider the outstanding stock of a company. Its calculation relies on the entire number of tradable shares of a company at the time of calculation.
- SUNSEX was introduced on January 1, 1986, by Bombay stock exchange. There are thousands of companies listed on BSE but to calculate SUNSEX only thirty companies are considered;
- The businesses which are well-established, economically strong and involved in major business sectors. So, basically, SUNSEX consists of the stocks of thirty companies.
- SUNSEX touched the four-digit figure on 25 July 1990 and the five-digit figure on 7 February 2006, for the first time. On 4 March 2015, it crossed the 30,000 points mark.