ESI Full Form Hospital - Full Form of ESI Hospital
ESI Full Form - Employees' State Insurance ( full form of esi )
- ESI stands for Employees' State Insurance.( full form of esi)
- It's a insurance scheme for Indian workers to supply medical and cash benefits to them.
- It's managed by Employees State Insurance Corporation ( ESIC ).
- ESIC is an autonomous corporation under Ministry of Labor and Employment, Government of India.
- It provides services and manages their customers through the massive network of their offices in India.
- It's headquartered in New Delhi and as of July 2017, Sh. Raj Kumar is that the Director General of ESIC.
Full Form of ESI
- Before the existence of ESI in Feb, 1952, an economist and later Governor of Federal Reserve Bank of India B.N. Adarkar, was appointed by the govt of India to make a insurance scheme for industrial workers.
- His submitted report was the idea of Employment State Insurance Act of 1948 but this came actually in 1952 and first established in Delhi and Kanpur.
Objective of ESI Act, 1948
- To provide benefit for sickness and medical treatment including maternity and disablement to the workers of factories and establishments and their dependents.
- Six types of benefits are provided under ESIC act which are as follows:
- Sickness benefit
- Maternity benefit
- Disablement benefit
- Dependents' benefit
- Medical benefit
- Funeral expenses
Six types of Benefits
Benefits of ESI ( full form of esi )
- It is very useful for an employee.
- An insured and their family get differing types of advantages.
- There are mainly two kinds of benefits:
- Medical benefits
- Cash benefits
- These insurance schemes include sickness, maternity, disablement, and death due to employment injury and provide medical care to the ensured employees and their families.