IVF Full Form in Medical | Full Form of IVF
IVF Full Form - In Vitro Fertilization
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following IVF related questions, full form of IVF , what is the full form of IVF , full form of IVF in biology , full form of IVF in medical , full form of IVF treatment
IN Vitro Fertilization
- IVF stands for In Vitro Fertilization.
- It's an assisted reproductive technique (ART) used to treat infertility or genetic problems.
- It helps infertile couples conceive a child.
- This system involves the fertilization of egg with sperm outside the body during a laboratory dish. Because the fertilization takes place outside the body so it's called in vitro fertilization.
- After fertilization, the embryo is transferred to the uterus of female.
The IVF comprises four basic steps which are as follows:
- During this step, fertility medications are used to stimulate the egg production within the human body.
- The multiple eggs are desired as some eggs might not develop or fertilize after retrieval.
- This step involves a minor surgical procedure to retrieve eggs.
- An ultrasound imaging guided hollow needle is skilled pelvic cavity to get rid of ovarian follicles from ovary. Then the follicular fluids are scanned so as to extract the available eggs.
- In this step, the eggs are fertilized with the male’s sperm within the laboratory.
- The eggs are monitored to make sure that fertilization and cell division are happening.
- The embryos are left for two to six days to culture before transferring to the uterus.
- During this step, a 4-5 day old embryo is placed within the uterus of female using a slender, tiny catheter or tube.
- The implantation usually occurs around six to 10 day following egg retrieval. After around 9 to 12 days, the female is tested to make sure that embryo is implanted safely.