B.Com Full Form | Full Form of B.Com
B.Com Full Form - Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Commerce
- B.Com stands for Bachelor of Commerce. It's an undergraduate degree in commerce stream.
- It's a three-year Bachelor Degree which is offered by various colleges and universities in India.
- It's a fundamental graduating qualification which makes the commerce graduates eligible for Masters Degrees like M.Com and MBA.
- Commerce graduates have many career options. They're required in both the private and public sectors where they will work as accountants, cashiers, auditors, taxation specialists, etc.
- They will also apply for professional courses like CA, CS, CFA and ICWA.
- B.Com mainly gives emphasis on Accounts, Economics and mathematics. A number of the B.Com subjects taught in various colleges and universities are listed below:
- Business Mathematics
- Business Management
- Computer Fundamentals
- Financial Ratios
- Business Law
- Corporate Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- The students who have passed the 12th Class with commerce stream are eligible for B.Com. These students directly get admission as there's no entrance examination for this course. But, some renowned colleges and universities consider the scores obtained in class 12th exams and provides admission on the basis of merit and therefore the cut offs released by them.
Some of the popular B.Com Colleges in India
- Ramjas College , Delhi
- St. Stephens College , Delhi
- Miranda House College , Delhi
- Shri Ram College of Commerce , Delhi
- Hindu College , Delhi
- Hans Raj College , Delhi
- Indraprastha College for Women , Delhi
- Madras Christian College , Chennai
- Christ University , Bangalore
- Goenka College of Commerce and Business Administration , Kolkata
Popular B.Com Colleges for Correspondence Study
- The students who aren't ready to pursue B.Com under regular mode can complete this course under correspondence mode. A number of the universities in India that provide B.Com under correspondence mode are given below:
- Some universities and colleges conduct their separate entrance examination for this course. A number of such colleges and universities are given below:
Job Profiles for B.Com Students
Job Profiles for B.com Students
- There are many job opportunities for B.Com students after completing the B.Com degree. They will perform a wide range of roles in both the private and government sectors. A number of the common job profiles for the B.Com students are as follows:
- Business Analyst
- Finance Officer
- Sales Analyst
- Stock Broker Accountant
- Business Consultant
- Financial Market
- Human Resources
- Accounts and Finance
- Investment Management
- Banking and Insurance
- Information Management
- Foreign Trade
- Office Management