BMW Full Form of car | Full Form of BMW | What is BMW Full Form
BMW Full Form - Bayerische Motoren Werke
Bayerische Motoren Werke
- BMW stands for "Bayerische Motoren Werke". It's an automobile manufacturing company based in Munich, Germany. BMW produces luxury and sports cars also as motorcycles under the BMW Motorrad division.
- The corporate also owns the Mini and Rolls-Royce brands.
- The brand of the corporate is meant to resemble an aircraft propeller and therefore the company is famous for its tagline "Ultimate Driving Machines".
- As of 2012, it's one of the most trusted and admired automobile manufactures besides Mercedes-Benz and Audi.
- BMW was founded in 1916 by Franz Josef Popp. The corporate started with the manufacturing of aircraft engines which were utilized by the German Air Force.
- In 1918, after First war, the corporate was forced to prevent the assembly of aircraft engines. So, in 1923, it started manufacturing motorcycles.
- In 1929, the corporate switched to automobile manufacturing after acquiring Fahrzeugfabrik Eisenach factory. The primary car produced by BMW was named "Dixi".
- In 1936, BMW produced 328 sports car which enjoyed incredible success and nominated as car of the century in 1999.
- In the 1960s, the corporate produced BMW 1500, a four-cylinder sports car and BMW 2002, a two door car which was the predecessor of the BMW 3 series.
- In the 1970s, BMW launched its 3, 5 and seven series.
- In 1972, it's introduced a new wholly-owned subsidiary to compile its motor racing activities.
- In 1987, it opened a plant in Regensburg to satisfy the growing demand for the BMW 3 Series model.
- In the 1990s, it acquired British Rover Group but it had been not a profitable acquisition so BMW sold the Rover Group to PhoenixConsortium.
- In 1994, it opened a plant in Spartanburg, South Carolina especially for the assembly of the BMW Z3 Roadster.
- In 2000, it decided to focus solely on the BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars within the international automobile market.
- In 2001, it launched the new MINI, a premium car within the small-car segment.
- In 2013, it released the electrical i3, an urban electric.
Today, BMW is understood for the planning and quality of its cars and is one of the foremost trusted and admired automobile manufacturer.
- Harald Kruger joined the BMW in 1992. He has been the CEO and Chairman of the Board of Management at BMW since May 13, 2015.
- As of 2016, Stefan Quandt and his sister, Susanne Klatten are the owners of BMW.
- Stefan owns 29% of the shares of the corporate and Susanne owns 21% of the shares of the corporate.
BMW Features and Benefits
- Adaptive Headlights
- BMW Head-Up Display
- Comfort Access System
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
- Navigation System Professional