PSU Full Form | Full Form of PSU
i) PSU Full Form - Public Sector Undertaking
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following PSU related questions, full form of PSU , what is the full form of PSU , full form of PSU banks , PSU full form , PSU full form in banking
Public Sector Undertaking
- PSU stands for Public Sector Undertaking.
- The government-owned corporations are called Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) in India.
- Government created the PSUs to undertake commercial projects under its own banner.
- These government-owned companies are less concerned about making profits and more focused towards nation building and improving the economy of the country.
- The majority of the company equity (51% or more) in PSUs is owned by the central government or the government or partly by the central government and partly by the government.
- The Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) audit’s all PSUs.
- It's the authority to appoint the Auditor and direct him to follow the proper audit process to audit the accounts of the PSU.
Classification of PSUs
- PSUs are often divided into three groups:
- Public Sector Enterprises (PSEs)
- Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs)
- Public Sector Banks (PSBs)
Some of the favored PSUs of India are listed below :
- Coal India Limited
- State Bank of India
- Food Corporation of India
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited
- Power Grid Corporation of India
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- National Thermal Power Corporation
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Oil & natural gas Corporation Limited
- Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited
ii) PSU Full Form - Power Supply Unit
Power Supply Unit
- PSU stands for Power Supply Unit.
- It's a hardware component of a computer that supplies the optimum power to internal components of the pc.
- It converts the high -voltage alternating current (AC) into a gentle low-voltage direct current ( DC ) which is safe for the interior components of the computer.
- PSU also regulates the voltage to safeguard the computer from high voltage fluctuations.