SIM Full Form | Full Form of SIM
SIM Full Form - Subscriber Identity Module or Subscriber Identification Module
- Here, you’ll get the solution for the following SIM related questions: full form of sim , full form of sim card , what is the full form of sim
Subscriber Identity Module
- Full Form of SIM is an integrated circuit that securely stores the international mobile subscriber identity (IMSI).
- It’s a portable microchip that makes you able to make call across the world where subscriber's network is available.
- SIM is usually used in mobile phones that operates on GSM network. It’s portable and you'll use it with any supporting mobile phone.
What information does a SIM card store
- The SIM card contains necessary information to and fro to your network and it also contains some of your personal data.
- Phone number
- Address book
- Network authorization data
- Text messages
- Personal security keys
- Other data
- A SIM also contains its unique serial number (ICCID), International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI), security information, ciphering information, temporary information related to the local network, etc.
- When the first SIM card was invented, it has almost of the size of a credit card. But the newest standard of a SIM contains a size of 15mm by 12mm.
- Now a days, some smart phones uses micro and nano SIM cards which are different in sizes.
- The first SIM card was made by Munich smart card maker Giesecke and Devrient in 1991. The SIM was initially specified by European Telecommunication Standards Institute.
Difference between GSM SIM and CDMA SIM
- CDMA phones generally doesn't use SIM cards. Instead, all information is saved in handset itself.
- It may be less convenient for the users because user can't change the service provider for a similar handset.