EPFO Full Form | What is the Full Form of EPFO
EPFO Full Form - Employee Provident Fund Organization
- EPFO stands for Employee Provident Fund Organization. It's a statutory body which is made by Indian Government to help the Central Board of Trustees (CBT).
- It's formed by the Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
- It's under the executive control of the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
- It's around 122 offices at different locations across the country.
- The organization also features a training set up to conduct trainings and seminars for the officers, employees of the organization and representatives of the Employers and Employees.
Full Form of EPFO
- On the idea of number of beneficiaries and financial transaction volume, EPFO is one of the most important Social Security organizations in India.
- It assists the Central Board in administering a compulsory contributory provident fund scheme.
- It also acts as a nodal agency for implementing Bilateral Social Security Agreements with other countries.
- The organization came into existence through the Employees' Provident Fund Ordinance in 1951 which was later replaced by Employees' Provident Fund Act, 1952.
- This Act is currently referred to as Employees Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
- It's applicable everywhere India except the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The organization is split into several zones that are headed by a further Central Provident Fund Commissioners in each state of the India.
- Each state is required to possess a minimum of one Regional Office which is headed by Regional Provident Fund Commissioner, Grade I.
- The hierarchy is further divided into Sub-Regions which are controlled by Regional Provident Fund Commissioners, Grade II. They're assisted by Assistant Provident Commissioners.
- EPFO has also established district offices in most regions with an Enforcement Officer to oversee the localestablishments and resolve grievances.
- Online registration of the establishment
- Provides UAN (Universal Account Number) Details
- Online Payment for EPF Subscription
- Challan/ ECR Submission Online
- EPFO Grievance Management System
- Online Transfer Claim Portal
- UAN Helpdesk for Employers
- UAN member e-Sewa for workers
- Provides UAN status online
- EPFO Grievance Management System for workers
- Online Transfer Claim Portal to submit the transfer claims online
- COC Application form to save lots of the data on the EPFO portal
- Portal for pensioners to urge pension related details or information
- Helpdesk for inoperative accounts
Schemes implemented by EPFO
- Employees' Provident Fund Scheme (EPF)
- Employees' Pension Scheme
- Employees' Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme (EDLI)
Schemes implemented by EPFO