SIP Full Form | Full Form of SIP
SIP Full Form - Systematic Investment Plan
- Here, you’ll get the solution for the following SIP related questions: full form of sip , full form of sip in banking , what is full form of sip , full form of sip in mutual fund , sip full form
Systematic Investment Plan
- Full Form of SIP stands for Systematic Investment Plan. It’s an investment plan in which you invest a set amount in mutual funds at pre-defined regular intervals.
- It helps you create significant wealth within the long-run by investing small sums of cash.
- In simple words, it's a planned approach towards investments that helps you create wealth for future and inculcate a habit of saving.
- The other way of investing in a mutual fund is a one-time investment, generally called lump sum investment.
How does it work ?
- SIP follows the principle of regular investments. The amount to be invested is auto-debited from your account periodically. So, in SIP, you do not need to time the market, it buys units monthly on a given date with the amount debited from your account.
- If the price of the unit is high on that day, low units are bought and if the price is low, more units are bought with the same amount.
- SIPs allow an investor to invest and withdraw the cash anytime.
- It's no fixed tenure. It will be stopped in between and may be continued after the tenure by placing a request with the mutual fund company.
- Partial or full withdrawal is possible during or after the SIP tenure.
- The SIP amount will be increased or decreased during the SIP tenure.
Interesting fact about SIP
- It acts as an automatic market timing mechanism, e.g. it buys more units when the value is low and fewer units when the value is high. Thus, the average cost of buying the units, over its highs and lows, is reduced and the returns are improved.
- Furthermore, it allows you invest in a mutual fund scheme of your choice. These mutual fund schemes invest in several companies from a range of sectors like IT, Hospitality, Pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, etc.
Top SIP Plans to invest in 2018 in India
- SBI Blue Chip Fund
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Frontline Equity Fund
- ICICI Pru Focused Blue Chip Fund
- Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund
- Reliance Small Cap Fund
- Franklin India Higher Growth Companies Fund
- Kotak Select Focus Fund
- HDFC Balanced Fund
- ICICI Pru Balanced mutual fund
Advantages of SIP
- Disciplined approach to investments :
- You do not need to plan how much to invest, when to invest and where to invest money.
- No need to time the market :
- You do not need to actively monitor the market.
- Rupee cost averaging :
- You get the advantage of rupee cost averaging, a good investment strategy, e.g. a set amount is invested monthly so it happens to buy more units when the price is low and fewer units when the price is high.
- Power of compounding :
- A small amount of cash invested regularly grows to a large sum comprising of your own contributions and returns compounded over the years.
- Power of starting early :
- It allows you to start investing early. The earlier you start investing, the simpler it'll be for wealth creation.