CB CID Full Form | What is the Full Form of CID
CID Full Form - Crime Investigation Department
- CID stands for Crime Investigation Department. It's an investigation and intelligence wing of the Indian State Police.
- It's one of the foremost important units of the police organization and is headed by the extra Director General of Police (ADGP).
- It's headquartered in Pune and investigates specified cases entrusted by the government. Of India and DGP (Director General of Police).
- It had been formed by British government in 1902 to maintain law and order within the country, on the recommendation of Police Commission.
- The department has their own ranks of officers who usually work in plain clothes. These officers are referred to as Detectives or CID officers.
- In 1929, this department was split into Special Branch, CID and Crime Branch CID (CB-CID).
The CID has several branches like
- Anti-Narcotics Cell
- Anti-Terrorism Wing
- Anti-Human Trafficking & Missing Person cell
- Finger Print Bureau
- Bank Frauds
- Dog Squad
- Human Rights Department
The officers' ranks in CID are
- Sub- Inspectors
- Additional Director General of Police
- Inspector General of Police (IGP), etc.
Officer's Ranks in CID
The CID officers usually use a word "detective" before their rank.
What does CID do
- The main task of CID is to investigate criminal cases like rape, murder, theft, robbery etc.
- It gathers facts, evidence for criminal cases and frauds and catches criminals and eventually presents the accused with evidence within the Court.
- These investigations can span multiple cities, and states depending on the level of the crime.
- The CID team also takes the help of local police to investigate the cases.
Eligibility Criteria to become a CID Officer
- The candidate must be a citizen of India and therefore the minimum qualification required for a candidate to join CID as a Sub Inspector or an officer may be a graduation from a recognized university. However, to join CID as a constable, the minimum qualification required is 12th or Higher Secondary Certificate.
- Aside from qualification isn't enough to become a CID officer, one must clear the Indian Civil Services examination which is held per annum by the Union Public Service Commission.
- There are many universities in India that provide courses in criminology at graduation level. These courses may assist you join the CID.
- There are various designations or posts in CBI.
- Furthermore, the candidate should have a superb memory, sharp eyes, good judgment of character, ability to work during a team also as alone. These are the essential requirements of this job.