NAAC Full Form | Full Form of NAAC
NAAC Full Form - National Assessment and Accreditation Council
- NAAC stands for National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
- It’s an autonomous body that assesses and accredits education in India.
- It’s established by the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India after the recommendations of the National Policy in Education(1986) which emphasized the standard of upper education in India.
- NAAC was established in 1994 and its headquarters is in Bangalore.
- As of August 2017, Prof. Dhirendra Pal Singh is that the Director of National Assessment and Accreditation Council since August 2015. Prof. Ved Prakash is that the president of General Council and Dr. Virander S. Chauhan is that the Chairman of the chief Committee of NAAC.
National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Vision and Mission
- Its vision is to form quality a defining factor of higher education in India through quality evaluation, promotion and other initiatives.
- To satisfy its vision it's divided its mission into various tasks which are as follows:
- Periodic assessment and accreditation of institutions of higher education.
- Arrange specific academic programmes and projects to reinforce the standard of education.
- To encourage self-evaluation, accountability, innovation and autonomy in education.
- To undertake research studies, consultancy and training programmes associated with quality education.
- To work in partnership with other stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation and promotion.
National Assessment and Accreditation Council Core Values
- Contribute to National Development
- Impart global competencies among students
- Promoting the technology in education
- Quest for quality
- It has a totally equipped and well-stocked library which covers all areas of higher education specifically associated with quality in education and accreditation.
- The collection includes titles on assessment and accreditation, teaching-learning process, curriculum development, teaching techniques, faculty development, women studies, student development, etc.
- It also features a special collection of UGC, AIU, UNESCO, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and publications of several other reputed accreditation bodies.
- The library features a separate collection of Self Study Reports (SSR), Internal Quality Assurance Cell Reports (IQAC), and Re-Accreditation Reports (RAR). It remains open from 9:15 am to 5:45 pm on all working days.
- NAAC works in partnership with national and international agencies.
- It helps it to be more relevant and modern.
- At the national level, it exchanges ideas with variety of professional bodies like National Council for Teacher Education ( NCTE ), Dental Council of India ( DCI ) etc.
- At the international level, it contributes to the activities of Asia Pacific Quality Network ( APQN ) and International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in education ( INQAAHE ).