XAMPP Full Form | Full Form of XAMPP
XAMPP Full Form
- XAMPP is an open-source web server package that works on various platforms. It's actually an acronym with X meaning “cross” platform, A for Apache HTTP server, M for MYSQL, P for PHP, and P for Perl.
- XAMPP was designed to assist webpage developers, programmers, and designers check and review their work using their computers even without connection to the online or internet. So, basically XAMPP could also be used to stand as pages for the web even without connection to it. It also can be used to create and configure with databases written in MYSQL and/or SQLITE.
- And since XAMPP is meant as a cross-platform server package, it's available for a spread of operating systems and platforms like Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Solaris.
- To use XAMPP, only one zip, exe or tar file is required. Users just need to download this file and run the appliance. There's also not much configuration and tinkering to be wiped out terms of settings and its components.
- The XAMPP package is also updated on a daily basis to synchronize with the updates made on the different platforms involved within the package like Apache , PHP, Perl, and MYSQL.
- Aside from being cross-platform, XAMPP is additionally a freeware. This suggests users on different operating systems can download this server package freed from charge. Do not mention that there's no configuration necessary to setup the system.
- After downloading and extracting the free application, users can immediately use XAMPP. Users also don't need to worry on removing the appliance. If XAMPP isn't needed by the user anymore, removing it shouldn't present any problem.
- One just must delete the XAMPP directory and every one the files concerning this server package are going to be deleted. Or if XAMPP was installed using the Windows installer version, one just must attend the “uninstall” feature of the OS to get obviate the server package.
How to Use XAMPP for Development Process ?
- Once XAMPP installation is completed you'll start and stop each module by using XAMPP instrument panel. For example, testing PHP applications on your computer, you'll start the 2 modules Apache and MYSQL.
- It'll allow PHP programs to run on your computer. This XAMPP software emulates remote server like an environment on your local computer.
- As an app developer, you would like to check applications as repeatedly as possible to seek out and fix the bugs. If you're testing within the local environment like XAMPP, it'll speed up your development process.
- Before XAMPP whenever you would like to upload files to a remote server for testing purposes. It'll be quite difficult to check on the live server and it's visible to your visitors.
- But whereas in XAMPP you'll easily test and make any updates in your local host. At any number of times, you'll update and test in XAMPP.
- Once completed you'll upload these new updated files to the remote server.