ISC Full Form Board | Full Form of ISC
ISC Full Form - Indian School Certificate
Indian School Certificate
- ISC stands for Indian School Certificate.
- It refers to 12th class examination conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE).
- This council may be a private board of education which was established by University of Cambridge Local Examination on 3 November 1958.
- The ISC scores are accepted by the universities of the United Kingdom.
- The ISC examination is meant in accordance with the rules of the New Education Policy 1986.
- English is a compulsory subject in ISC board and therefore the exam is also conducted in English medium except the language subjects.
- The students who pass ISC exam have more chances to get admission into A-Level colleges than the students of respective boards and councils.
- The common ISC board subjects are listed below:
- Environmental education
- Political Science
Advantages of ISC
- The syllabus of ISC covers each subject with a decent amount of depth in order that all the concepts are clear and properly understood by the students.
- ISC offers a lot of options when it involves choosing which subjects a student want to check.
- It emphasis fluency in English which ends up in ISC students being more articulate in English than others.
- ISC also emphasizes on students becoming active problem-solvers with a decent amount of practical skills instead of just being a decent academics.
- Most high-education institutes everywhere the world accept ISC as an official educational qualification.
- Some foreign, especially UK-based, institutes give a slight preference to ISC students over students enrolled in other Indian boards.
- Most ISC Schools encourage their students to pursue their interests instead of giving all of their times to academics.