AIR Full Form | Full Form of AIR Conditioner
AIR Full Form - All India Radio
All India Radio
- The full form of AIR is All India Radio. Since 1956 AIR is officially labeled as Akashvani.
- It's India’s largest public station and a Prasar Bharti division.
- It’s the world’s leading radio broadcast concerning the various spoken languages and therefore the scope of cultural & socio-economic diversity it serves.
- AIR headquartered is found in New Delhi, India. Currently, AIR is capable of covering 99.18% of the Indian population via its 262 broadcasting stations.
History of AIR
- Radio broadcasting began in India in 1923.
- Bombay‘s Radio Club had made the country’s initial broadcast in June 1923.
- After 5 months of period, Calcutta Radio Club is developed.
- IBC (Indian Broadcasting Company) was founded on 23 July 1927.
- The Indian Broadcasting Service under the Industries & Labor Division re-entered its function on an industrial scale in April 1930.
- In the following month, a private station named as Akashvani Mysore was formed.
- The Indian State Broadcasting Service became AIR on 8 June 1936.