PDA Full Form | Full Form of PDA
PDA Full Form - Personal Digital Assistant
- PDA may be a mobile device without a keyboard, but with a screen to write or draw the words with the help of a pen-like stylus.
- They need the capabilities to require notes, read graphs, connect with the web, upload and download.
- They're also referred to as palmtop, hand-held computer.
Personal Digital Assistant
- Operating systems of pdas
- The majority of the widespread operating systems pre-installed on pdas are:
- Palm OS.
- Microsoft Windows Mobile (Pocket PC) with a Windows CE kernel.
- Other, seldom used operating systems comprise:
- EPOC, then Symbian OS which is in mobile phones and also in PDA combos.
- Linux (e.g. VR3, ipaq, Sharp Zaurus PDA, Opie, GPE, Familiar Linux etc.)
- QNX and also on ipaq.
- In 1984, the first PDA, the Organiser, was launched by Psion, followed by Psion's Series 3, in 1991.
- On January 7, 1992, the term PDA was first employed by Apple Computer CEO John Sculley at the consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas , Nevada, alluding to the Apple Newton.
- In 1994, IBM launched the first PDA with complete telephone features, the IBM Simon, which may even be considered the first Smartphone.
- In 1996, Nokia launched a PDA with telephone features, the 9000 Communicator, which clothed to be the world's best-selling PDA.
- An additional early competitor in this market was Palm, with a sequence of PDA products that started in March 1996.
Features of Pda
- Touch Screen :
- It's going to have one or two buttons to make the shortcuts for the app used. Otherwise, user has got to enter a text by touching or using pen-like stylus.
- Memory Cards :
- Earlier PDAs didn't have a memory slot but now some PDAs may have memory card slot and USB flash drive slot.
- Wired Connectivity :
- Earlier PDAs were ready to connect with a personnel computer via serial ports or other devices. Now USB cables are wont to connect them.
- Wireless Connectivity :
- PDAs have Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi which are wireless.
- Operating System : Pre-installed operating systems are Palm OS, webos.
- Navigation :
- Some PDAs may have built-in GPS and a few may connect with GPS externally.
- Rugged PDAs :
- Rugged PDAs have some extra features included like barcode readers, radio-frequency identification readers, magnetic tape card readers, or open-end credit readers.
PDA Full Form - Public Display of Affection
Public Display of Affection
- Public Display of Affection is that the display of affection or Affection of two persons by them publicly. It includes activities like Holding hands, Hair play, Hugging and quick kiss.