ASLV Full Form | What is the Full Form of ASLV
ASLV Full Form - Augmented Satellite Launch Vehicle
Augmented Satellite Launch Vehicle
- ASLV stands for Augmented Satellite Launch Vehicle. It's a launch vehicle which is designed and operated by ISRO.
- It had been developed to augment the payload capacity to 150 kg (thrice that of SLV-3), so that satellites weighing up to 150 kg might be placed into Low Earth Orbits (LEO).
- It is a five stage vehicle that uses solid propellant altogether the five stages.
- Its 24 meters in length with take-off weight of around 40 tons. The ASLV project began within the early 1980s to develop the technologies required to place a payload into a geostationary orbit.
- In this project, ISRO also mastered the strap-on technology which is widely utilized in the PSLV programmer of ISRO. The payload of ASLV was Stretched Rohini Satellite series.
- Under the ASLV programmer four development flights were conducted from the SLV launch pad at the Sriharikota High Altitude Range:
- The first developmental flight was conducted on March 24, 1987. It had been not successful.
- The second developmental flight was conducted on July 13, 1988. It had been not successful.
- The third developmental flight was conducted on 20 May, 1992. It had been a partial failure.
- The fourth developmental flight was conducted on 4 May 1994. It had been successful.
- After the final launch within the year 1994, the ASLV program was indefinitely disbanded or terminated.