TFT Full Form | Full Form of TFT
TFT Full Form - Thin Film Transistor
Thin Film Transistor
- TFT stands for Thin Film Transistor. It’s a video display technology used in liquid crystal display ( LCD ) . TFTs are the active elements that act as switches turning each pixel on and off.
- These are made of a good type of semiconductor materials like silicon.
- In TFT, each pixel is controlled by one to four transistors. The TFT technology is known for its best resolution among all the flat-panel techniques, but it's also the foremost expensive.
- TFT screens also are called active-matrix LCDs because they use a transistor at each pixel, which is arranged in type of matrix.
- The main advantage of TFT technology is that it's a separate, tiny transistor for every pixel on the display. It makes the screen refresh very quickly as the image is refreshed several times per second.
Following are the most devices that use Thin Film Transistor Technology
- Computer monitors
- Personal digital assistants (PDAs)
- Smart phones
- Video gaming systems
- Navigation systems
- AMOLED screens also contain a TFT layer