IRDP Full Form | Full Form of IRDP
IRDP Full Form - Integrated Rural Development Programme
Integrated Rural Development Programme
- IRDP stands for Integrated Rural Development Programme.
- It's a rural development program of government of India launched on 2 October 1980 across the country.
- It aims to provide self-employment program to poor rural families to assist them increase their income and cross the poverty level.
- It mainly targets the poor families which live below the poverty level like small farmers, agricultural labourers including the rural artisans. It's funded equally by state and centre on a 50:50 basis.
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme. Since 1980, it's active altogether the blocks of the country.
- Under this scheme, the funds are allocated to states on the basis of proportion of rural poor families during a State to the entire rural poor families within the country.
- Since the beginning of the program till 1997, around 51 million families are benefited from IRDP at an expenditure of Rs. 11434.27 crore, 45% of those families were Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and 27% were women.
- In the Eighth Five Year Plan, around 11 million families were covered under IRDP at the expenditure of 11541 crore.
- IRDP is implemented through District Rural Development Agencies (DRDAs).
- The DRDA comprises local MP's, Chairman of Zila Parishads, representatives of SCs/ women etc.
- At the bottom level, the blocks are responsible for implementing the programme.
- At the state level, the State level Coordination Committees monitor the programme.