STD Full Form Telephone | Full Form of STD
i) STD Full Form - Subscriber Trunk Dialing
- Here, you’ll get the solution for the following STD related questions: full form of std , full form of std calls , what is the full form of std , full form of std and isd , full form of std in biology
Subscriber Trunk Dialing
- STD stands for Subscriber Trunk Dialing. Sometimes, it's called Subscriber Toll Dialing.
- STD is used to permit subscriber to dial trunk involves a long distance outside a specific boundary without operator assistance.
- The term STD (Subscriber Trunk Dialing) is used UK, India, Australia, Republic of ireland and South East Asia. In USA, it's called Direct Distance Dialing.
- The STD system was started in 1958 and completed in 1979. This method specifies STD codes for every area, officially called area codes. These codes should be dialed by the subscriber before the phone number to create a call.
ii) STD Full Form - Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexually transmitted Diseases are infections that are commonly spread by having sex, especially vaginal intercourse, anal and oral sex.
- STDs are referred as STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections), and (VD) Venereal Diseases. These diseases are very risky because most of the STDs initially don't cause symptoms. There’s a greater risk of passing these diseases on to others.
Symptoms and signs of the STDs
Symptoms and Signs of The Std
- Ulcers on the genitals or round the genitals
- Vaginal Discharge
- Penile Discharge
- Pelvic Pain etc
Some STDs may affect the power to get pregnant.
Causes of STDs
- There are more than 30 different bacteria, viruses and parasites is also the reason for STDs.
- Bacterial STDs : Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Syphilis.
- Viral STDs : Genital herpes, HIV/AIDS, Genital warts.
- Parasite STDs : Trichomoniasis
- Although STDs are generally spread by having sex with different partners with none protection but, some STDs may be spread by non-sexual contact with contaminated blood and tissues, breast feeding or during childbirth.
- The most effective way to prevent STDs isn't to have sex. Talking about practical ideas are:
- Use condoms having smaller number of sexual partners (or only one) some vaccination also decreases the danger of certain infection like hepatitis B.