UPI Full Form in Banking | Full Form of UPI Pin | What is the Full Form Of UPI
UPI Full Form - Unified Payment Interface
- Here, you’ll get the solution for the following UPI Related Questions: full form of upi , full form of upi pin , what is the full form of upi , full form of upi in banking , full form of upi id , full form of upi code , full form of upi payment.
Unified Payment Interface
- UPI stands for Unified Payment Interface (UPI). It’s a smartphone application or a payment system that permits users to transfer money between bank accounts using mobile phones.
- It’s developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), and in coordination with the Federal Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Indian Banks Association (IBA), NPCI established its framework. It’s regulated by RBI and India's central bank.
- The UPI was introduced in January 2016 and adopted by only a couple of banks in the beginning, but later after realizing its potential many banks have busy with NPCI to supply UPI services to their customers, and lots of banks launched their own versions of the UPI app.
- Today, every bank has a UPI application also as there are many payment apps that allow you to create simple, easy, and quick transactions using Unified Payments Interface (UPI) like Google Pay.
- According to NPCI reports, as of February 2019, 134 banks were using, UPI and around 300 billion was transferred through UPI in this month.
Benefits of UPI
- It offers a secure, secure, easy, and quick mode of transferring money, paying bills, paying for shopping and more.
- It allows you to transfer money directly from your bank account to directly into the bank account of someone.
- The transactions through UPI doesn't require the user to enter bank details and other sensitive information anytime he or she initiates a transaction.
- Just like your email id, you get a UPI ID after registering with a payment app. This ID will be taken as your financial address that permits you to transfer and receive funds instantly throughout the day even on weekend or on holidays.
- Like your bank account, it's unique for each person, two or more individuals cannot have a similar UPI. You’ll link all of your bank accounts to one app.
How UPI Works / How to Use UPI
- Download the UPI app of your bank from the play store. Open the app and follow the instruction one by one, like provide your name, address, email id, and bank details and other information.
- You’ll be asked to verify your telephone number, which is connected to your bank account.
- This number should move and its sim card should be in the phone which you're using for registration.
- During the registration process, you're also required to set your login password, virtual address, and m-pin. So, sending money through UPI involves two-step verification; first login password then m pin.
Unified Payment Interface Work
- After completing the registration for UPI, you'll open the app using the login password set by you. To send money, you'll need the UPI i.d (virtual id) of the recipient, and you've got to use your m-pin to complete this transaction.
- This application also allows you to send money even if you don't have the UPI i.d of the recipient for that you simply will need the bank account details of the recipient like bank name, account no., and ifsc code.
- If your bank isn't offering any UPI application, you'll use other bank's UPI, but in this case, your UPI i.d won't have your bank name as the extension.
- If you wish your bank name at the extension, use the UPI app of your bank. The UPI interface is compatible with most banks and lots of digital wallets and payment applications are opting UPI.
- Some of the popular UPI apps are Paytm , PhonePe , Google Pay, etc. the charges for using UPI is Rs. 0.50 per transaction. It appears as IMPS transaction on your bank statement.