COB Full Form | What is the Full Form of COB
COB Full Form - Close of Business
Close of Business
- COB stands for Close of Business.
- It's also referred to as the end of business and end of day.
- It refers to the point in time when a corporation gets closed for the day.
- For example, if your office opens at 9:00 am and closes at 6:00 pm then you'll consider 6:00 pm as COB.
- And, suppose your boss wants you to finish the presentation before COB then it means, you're asked to finish the presentation same day before the office gets closed at 6:30 pm.
- COB has no legal or enforceable meaning so its meaning may vary from one industry to the other industry.
- For example, in financial markets, it's also wont to point to the end of a trading day. COB timings also vary from country to country and industry to industry.
- In the US, COB is typically at 5:00 pm and in the UK, it's typically at 5:30 pm. Most of the people generally use COB instead of EOD (end of the day) as EOD is midnight (23:59 pm) when everyone has left the office or gone home.