JAVA Full Form | Full Form of JAVA
JAVA Full Form
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following JAVA related questions, full form of JAVA , what is the full form of JAVA , full form of JAVA in computer , JAVA full form
- " Java " being used as slang for "coffee"
- Java doesn't have any full form, but a programming language originally developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems in 1995. It derives much of its syntax from the most popular programming languages of all time: C and C++ . Today Java of Sun Microsystems may be a subsidiary of Oracle Corporation.
- Java was basically designed to beat the drawbacks of C++ i.e. to form single application run on multiple platforms like Windows, UNIX & Macintosh, and to form application run on Internet Browsers.
- JAVA is one among the most powerful and popular object oriented programming language. Java was developed by James Gosling at Sun Microsystems in 1995.
- This project was designed by James Gosling and initiated in 1991. Code is just written in java language and it's compiled into byte code.
- These byte codes can run on different hardware configuration running JAVA Virtual Machines (JVM). This feature makes Java, a machine independent programming language and hence the popular quote "write once, run anywhere". It's important to notice that Java is free and open source software (FOSS).
- Java can run on small digital devices, mobile phones, tablets, phablets, computers, game consoles, servers, supercomputers etc. Currently Java is developed under the flagship of Oracle Corporation.
- Oracle Corporation owned Sun Microsystems on January 27, 2010.
How "Java" got its name
- The developers of Java were drinking coffee while they were deciding the name of their programming language. So, they gave it the name "Java" as a slang of "Coffee".