B.Ed Full Form | Full Form of B.Ed
B.Ed Full Form - Bachelor of Education
Bachelor of Education
- B.ED stands for Bachelor of Education. It's an undergraduate professional degree for the students who want to form a career in teaching.
- The degree is formerly referred to as Bachelor of Teaching (BT). The duration of the course is 2 years.
- After successfully completing the course, the students become eligible to teach in intermediate and high schools.
- In India, it's a major prerequisite for any graduate to teach at the high school level.
Eligibility for B.ED
- You have to clear the B.ED entrance examination to study the B.ED course.
- The students who have completed their undergraduate degree are eligible for the B.ED exams.
- For ex, the scholars who possess Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com), Bachelor of Science (B. Sc) or Bachelor of Arts (B.A) degree are eligible for B.ED entrance exams conducted by different universities and colleges in India.
- The students also required to have a minimum of 50% marks in graduation.
- It is a skill-based course that focuses on providing all the required teaching skills to the students in order that they will understand different aspects of classroom teaching.
- The arts students are trained to teach history, civics, geography, etc. The science graduates are trained to teach biology, physics and chemistry.
- The commerce graduates are trained to teach accounting, economics, etc.
- The course is especially designed to impart the teaching skills and make the students familiar with different aspects of classroom teaching.
- After completing the B.ED, the students become eligible for M.ED (Master of Education).
- The National Council for Teacher Education ( NCTE ) is that the statutory body which monitors the educations courses offered by different teacher training institutes in India.
Popular B.ED Entrance Exams in India
- Maharashtra B.ED Common Entrance Test
- Lucknow University B.ED Entrance Exam
- Telangana State Education Common Entrance Test
- IGNOU B.ED Entrance Exam
- Jammu Kashmir B.ED Entrance Exam
- Himachal Pradesh University B.ED Entrance Test
- Gujarat University B.ED Entrance Test
- Guru Nanak Dev University B.ED Entrance Exam
- Uttar Pradesh B.ED Joint Entrance Exam
- Punjab University B.ED Application Form
Popular B.ED Colleges in India
- St. Xavier's College of Education , Patna
- Jamia Millia Islamia University , Delhi
- SNDT Women's University , Mumbai
- Lady Irwin College , Delhi
- Bombay Teacher's Training College , Mumbai
- Kasturi Ram College of Higher Education , Delhi
- Himachal Pradesh University, Department of Education , Shimla
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women , Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
- Andhra University , Visakhapatanam
- Government College of Education , Chandigarh
- D.M. College of Teacher Education , Imphal
Courses and Jobs after B.Ed
- TGT (Trained Graduate Teacher) : After completing the graduation, you already become a TGT. So, the candidates with B.Ed degree aren't required to do TGT. A TGT can teach upto 10th class.
- PGT (Post Graduate Teacher) : The student who may be a post graduate and also as completed the B.Ed may be a PGT. He or she will teach up to 12th class.
- TET (Teacher Eligibility Test) : It's an exam which is that the minimum eligibility criteria to become a government teacher. M.Ed or MA Education : One can pursue higher education in education after completing the B.Ed like M.Ed, MA Education, etc.