GAIL Full Form | Full Form of GAIL
GAIL Full Form - Gas Authority of India Limited
- Here, you’ll get the solution of the following GAIL related questions: full form of GAIL , full form of GAIL India , full form of GAIL company , what is full form of GAIL
Gas Authority of India Limited
- GAIL stands for Gas Authority of India Limited.
- It's the India's largest gas processing and distribution company. It's headquartered in New Delhi.
- GAIL is listed in National stock Exchange ( NSE ) and Bombay stock Exchange ( BSE ).
- As of 2016, B C Tripathi is that the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of GAIL
- The product line of the corporate consists of:
- Processing and trading of natural gas
- Liquid hydrocarbons
- Electricity generation
- Liquid Petroleum Gas
product line of the corporate
- GAIL India was established by Government of India in 1984 as a PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) under the Ministry of Petroleum and gas. It had been incorporated to get down the infrastructure of gas supply in India. At that point, the corporate used to be known as Gas Authority of India Limited.
- GAIL has been conferred with a Maharatna status by the govt of India on 1 Feb, 2013. It stands at 131 among the 150 most trusted brands in India consistent with a study.
- In 1996, GAIL is listed in NSE, BSE and DSE.
- In 1999, LPG plants at Usar and Lakwa were commissioned.
- In 2002, it picked up 12% equity stake in GSEGs (156MW power project) in Gujarat.
- In August 2003, Bhagyanagar Gas Limited (a venture of GAIL and HPCL) was established for distribution and marketing of Auto LPG, CNG for vehicles and retailing of gas in Andhra Pradesh .
- In 2004, a wholly-owned subsidiary of GAIL (GAIL Global (Singapore) Pte. Ltd.) was established in Singapore.
- In 2009, it had been awarded the SCOPE Meritorious Award for Corporate Governance for the year 2007-2008.
- In 2010, it opened a Representative Office in Egypt.
- In the same year, it had been ranked favorite company in the category of gas utilities in Asia within the Platts Global Ranking.
- In 2011, GAIL used the Managing India Award for the Outstanding PSU of the Year. It's the primary PSU to receive this award.
- In 2012, it received the MoU Excellence Award for being a Best Performing CPSE within the Petroleum Sector for the year 2009-10.
- In the same year, its 2200 km pipeline from Dahej to Bhathinda was inaugurated by the then Prime Minister.
- GAIL was established not only to run business and generate profits but also to satisfy its duties as a responsible corporate citizen.
- GAIL has the most important pipeline network within the country. It supplies gas to power plants for generation of over 4000 MW of power.nThis power is used in production of fertilizers like 10 million lots of Urea and other fertilizers.