VDU Full Form in Computer | Full Form of VDU in Computer
VDU Full Form - Visual Display Unit
Visual Display Unit
- VDU Stands for “Visual Display Unit.” A VDU displays images generated by a computer or other electronic device. The term VDU is usually used synonymously with “monitor,” but it also can check with another kind of display, like a digital projector.
- Short for visual display unit, VDU is an older British term used to describe any device used with computers to display text and pictures. For example, a flat-panel display and a projector are both samples of VDUs. However, VDU is most ordinarily used to describe the CRT monitor, a now archaic standard that has been replaced by flat-panel display methods like LED .
- Early VDUs had a 13" screen size. By the mid-1990s, 15" and 17" VDU screen sizes became more common, with some 20" screen sizes starting to emerge on the market. By the first 2000s, flat-panel monitors with 15" and 17" screen sizes gained popularity and began replacing CRT monitors.
- Short for video display unit, VDU may be a computer that allows for input by a user and output to a display, like a computer monitor. A VDU consists of a display device and a keyboard, and will also include a mouse. Within the US, it's sometimes mentioned as a display screen terminal, or VDT.
Is VDU an Output Device ?
- A Video display unit (VDU) consists of: A computer output device that uses a beam tube or other technology to present visual images.
- One or more input devices, like a keyboard, a mouse, or both.
How does VDU work ?
- The term VDU refers to any piece of kit in use which features a monitor which the user looks at and also a keyboard which the user types on to interact with the System or Computer.
- Adjust your chair and VDU to seek out the most comfortable position for your work.
What are the kinds of VDU ?
Two Main Technologies
- Types of Visual Display Units. Two main technologies, liquid crystals and organic light-emitting diodes, currently dominate the market for visual displays.
- An older technology, the beam tube, has about vanished from the scene, and plasma monitors also see use in some applications.
- The VDU is generally not very expensive.
- It has high quality resolution.
- Animation capability.
- Virtually unlimited range of variable color capability.
- The modern VDU's are thinner, which suggests less space.
- If you would like to examine a video or a movie, even a game sometimes they have a selected number of graphic.
- Limited screen size which effects character size and limits effective viewing distance.
- The screen is sensitive and in fact you need to be careful when cleaning.