SCUBA Full Form | Full Form of SCUBA
SCUBA Full Form - Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus
- SCUBA stands for Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus. It’s a breathing equipment in the type of a cylinder.
- It’s designed to produce breathing gas at the ambient pressure to the underwater divers.
- Diving underwater using SCUBA is known as scuba diving. In normal diving, the divers got to hold their breath or follow breath holding techniques to remain longer under water.
Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus
- Breathing for the first time through a scuba regulator feels strange as you're breathing underwater and it takes time to use this equipment properly. So, it's advised that before diving into water breath through the regulator until you become comfortable with mouth-only breathing.
- The opposite important thing is to exhale fully after each breath. It’ll protect you from feeling starved for air.
- Scuba masks
- Breathing regulators
- Buoyancy devices
Basic Components of Scuba
- Recreational purposes
- Scientific explorations
- Commercial purposes
- Underwater photography
- Filming scenes underwater
- Under water surveillance and military research
- Don't dive without wearing a helmet.
- Wear properly insulated diving suits.
- Confirm your diving equipment is working properly.
- Don't consume alcohol or other drugs before diving.
- Dive within your limits and stay with your buddy or master.
- People with medical record of health issues which will make them uncomfortable under water should avoid scuba diving.