HAL Full Form | Full Form of HAL
HAL Full Form - Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- The full form of HAL is Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
- HAL may be a state-owned Indian aerospace and defense firm headquartered is found in Bangalore, India. The Indian Ministry of Defense handles it.
- The government-owned company mainly engages in aerospace activities and is presently involved within the fabrication & production of aircraft, design, helicopters, jet engines & their replacement parts.
- It's many facilities scattered throughout India including Bangalore, Kanpur, Nasik, Koraput, Korwa, Lucknow, Kasaragod and Hyderabad.
History of HAL
- HAL was founded in Bangalore on 23 December 1940 by Walchand Hirachand as Hindustan Aircraft Limited. The office began during a bungalow on Domlur Road named “Eventide.”
- During the 2nd war, the govt in March 1941. India bought a one-third stake in HAL and realized its strategic significance.
- In December 1945, The firm was placed under the administrative control of Min. Of Industry and supply.
- It moved under the executive control of Ministry of Defense in January 1951.
- The HT-2 Trainer aircraft, built by HAL under the direction of Dr V.M. Ghatge, first operated in August 1951. Whereas AIL (Aeronautics India Limited) was founded in August 1963, an enterprise owned and travel by the govt of India to start production of mig-21 aircraft in India.
- Hindustan Aircraft Limited was combined with Aeronautics India Limited in October 1964, and thus HAL came into existence.
- A separate HAL unit for the event of Cheetah & Chetak Helicopters in Bangalore was formed in 1970.
- Avionics Design Bureau was founded at Hyderabad in 1971 to manufacture and develop UHF, IFF, HF, Radio altimeter & components etc.
- It started production of ‘Jaguar’ aircraft in 1979, following the licensing affect British Aerospace.
- It signed an agreement with the USSR in 1982 for swing-wing mig-27 M production.
- In 1988 a separate HAL department was formed to contribute to the country’s space programmes.
- A new ACD (Aircraft Composite Division) was established in March 2007 to supply material for its with in-house applications, like LCA, ALH, and so on.
- A separate LCA (Light Combat Aircraft) Tejas Unit for manufacturing Light Combat Aircraft was founded at Bangalore in March 2014.