CPO Full Form | Full Form of CPO
CPO Full Form - Central Police Organization
- CPO stands for Central Police Organization.
- It’s also called SSC CPO, as it is an exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of candidates for the post of Sub-inspector (SI) of Police.
- It's conducted at National Level to recruit SI for various organizations like ITBI, CRPF , BSI, Delhi Police, and more.
Central Police Organization
- Exam Pattern : The SSC PCO 2019 Exam is conducted in different stages which are as follows :
- Paper I : It's a written exam of 200 marks with a duration of 2 hours. The subjects covered during this paper include General Intelligence and Reasoning , general knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude , and English Comprehension.
- Paper-II : It's also a two-hour written exam of 200 marks. The subjects included during this exam are English and Comprehension.
- Physical Endurance Test : After passing the written exam, the candidates are qualified for a physical endurance test. Its difficulty level is different for male and female candidates as per their physical abilities.
- The vacancies for SSC CPO 2019 are expected to be
- SI (Male): 97
- SI (Female): 53
- SI (CAPF): 1073
SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria
- Academic Qualification : The candidate must be a graduate in any stream from a recognized University in India.
- Age Limit : The minimum age required is 20 years, and therefore the maximum regulation is 25 years. There's a relaxation within the regulation for ST/SC or OBC candidates.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India, or
- Candidate is the citizen of Nepal, Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who is settled in India, or Candidates migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, The United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam whose intention is to settle in India are eligible to apply for SSC CPO Exam.
- The candidates got to be a Graduate in any discipline from any recognized university in India as such by the Central Government on or before January 1, 2021.
- Sub-Inspector in Delhi Police : Male candidates must have a valid driving license for LMV (Car & Motorcycle) for PET (Physical Endurance and Standard Tests).
- The candidates who don't have a driving license won't be allowed to undergo PET. However, a driving license isn't a compulsory document at the time of filling the SSC CPO 2020 form.