APJ Abdul Kalam Full Form
APJ Abdul Kalam Full Form - Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam
- APJ Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India. He was a former Indian scientist who is popularly referred to as Missile Man of India. He was born on October 15, 1931 at Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu.
APJ Abdul Kalam
- He completed his schooling from the Schwartz Higher secondary school in Ramanathapuram district of Tamil Nadu.
- He graduated in physics from St. Joseph’s College, Tiruchirappalli in 1954.
- After completing the graduation, he moved to Madras where he completed diploma in aeronautical engineering from Madras Institute of Technology in 1955.
- He started his career in 1958 with Defense Research Development Organization (DRDO) where he worked as a chief scientist.
- In 1962 he removed of DRDO and joined Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) as a project director.
- From 1992 to 1999, he served as the Chief Scientific Adviser to Prime Minister and because the Secretary of Defense Research and Development Organization.
- From 2002 to 2007, he served as the president of India.
- He was very active throughout his life so after completing his term as a President, he kept himself engaged and visited various renowned institutes and universities of India as a professor.
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 1981, Padma Vibhushan in 1990 and Bharat Ratna in 1997.
- He remained a bachelor throughout his life. He had four elder siblings; one elder sister and three elder brothers.