NSS Full Form | Full Form of NSS
NSS Full Form - National Service Scheme
- Here you’ll get the solution for the following NSS related questions, full form of NSS , what is the full form of NSS , full form of NSS camp , NSS Full Form
National Service Scheme
- NSS stands for National Service Scheme. It's a public service sponsored by Govt. Of India and is under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Govt. Of India.
- It had been introduced in 1969 with an aim to develop the personality of students and young generation through community services.
- It's a voluntary association of young students from colleges, universities and at +2 levels.
Major objectives of NSS
- To make them understand the community in which they live and work.
- To make them understand themselves with respect to their community.
- Involve the students or young generation in identifying the needs and problems of the community and participate in problem-solving.
- To develop a sense of social and civic responsibility among the youth.
- To encourage them to find out the practical solutions to individual and social problems.
- To develop aptitude required for teamwork and sharing of responsibilities.
- To help them acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes.
- Develop the capacity to satisfy emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practice and promote national integration and social harmony.
- The motto of NSS is "Not Me but you," reflects the idea of democratic living and promotes the need for self-less service.
- Its philosophy is predicated on the belief that the welfare of an individual is entirely dependent on the welfare of the society as a whole, therefore the NSS volunteers are supposed to strive for the wellbeing of society.
- The logo of NSS is present within the NSS Badge. It’s inspired by the giant Rath Wheel of the world-famous Konark Sun Temple (The Black Pagoda) located in the Orissa state of India.
- The Red and Blue color of the brand inspires the NSS Volunteers to move and energetic for the nation-building social activities.
- The red color indicates that the volunteer is filled with young blood and is active, energetic, and determined.
- The dark blue color indicates the cosmos of which the NSS may be a small part and thus prepared to contribute its share for the wellbeing of the society and mankind.
- The wheel within the logo represents the cycle of creation, preservation, and shows the movement in life across time and space.
- Thus, it represents continuity also as change and indicates the continual striving of NSS for social change.