NMDC Full Form | Full Form of NMDC
NMDC Full Form - National Mineral Development Corporation
National Mineral Development Corporation
- The full form of NMDC is that the National Mineral Development Corporation. NMDC Limited is India’s largest exporter & producer of iron ore, producing about 30 million tonnes of ore from its Chhattisgarh & Karnataka mines.
- It also maintains the nation’s sole diamond mine at Patna in MP, with an annual output of 1 lakh carats.
- In 1958, it had been established as an owned and operated public company by the Indian government, India.
- It under the administrative jurisdiction of the government of India’s Ministry of Steel and has its head office in Hyderabad, India.
Functions of NMDC
- Becoming a worldwide association for environmentally sustainable mining and a premium steel producer with a constructive outlook on social growth.
- Maintaining its leadership as India’s largest iron producer and establishing itself as a premium steel producer and expanding the corporate through the acquisition and operation in India and overseas of various iron ore, coal also as other mineral properties, achieving high satisfaction for all its investors.
Main objectives of NMDC
- Meeting the rising demands of the domestic and foreign markets by increasing its mineral extraction operations.
- To meet international value-added, cost-effective and per capita income requirements.
- Rising ore output to 50 MTPA by 2018-19 & 67 MTPA by 2021-22
- To set up the Nagarnar steel mill.
- Iron Ore Mine at Bailadila, Kirandul Complex, District of South Bastar, Dantewada.
- Iron Ore Mine at Bailadila, Bacheli Complex, District of South Bastar, Dantewada.
- Donimalai iron ore Mine, Donimalai, Bellary district, Karnataka. It’s suspended for more than a year due to a royalty dispute in December 2019.
- Project Diamond Mining, Majhgawan, Panna.