MLA Full Form | Full Form of MLA | What is MLA Full Form
MLA Full Form - Member of Legislative Assembly
- Here, you’ll get the solution of following MLA related questions : full form of MLA , what is the full form of MLA , what is full form of MLA , full form of MLA in politics
Member of Legislative Assembly
- MLA is a representative of Legislative Assembly (a lower house of state legislature), elected by the voters of a constituency.
- MLA have different responsibility according to their positions.
- Some MLAs have more than one responsibilities. For example: Also as an MLA he can be a cabinet minister and CM also.
- In every state, there could also be 4-9 MLAs for an MP (Member of Parliament).
Criteria for becoming a MLA
Member of Legislative Assembly Process
- There are some basic criteria for becoming a member of legislative assembly (MLA).
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- He must be completed a minimum of the age of 25 years.
- He must be a voter of any constituency.
- He shouldn't be a mad or insolvent.
Responsibilities of an MLA
- An MLA represents the people's grievances and aspirations and take them with government.
- He should use the several legislative tools for the advantages of his constituency's members.
- He should raise the local problems with his constituency ahead of government.
- He should make the optimum use of local area development (LAD) fund to develop his constituency.