MCB Full Form Electrical | Full Form of MCB
MCB Full Form - Miniature Circuit Breaker
- Here, you’ll get the solution of following MCBrelated questions: full form of MCB , what is the full form of MCB , full form of MCB in electrical , what is full form of MCB , full form of MCB in science
Miniature Circuit Breaker
- MCB abbreviated as Miniature circuit breaker, is an automatically operated electronics switch.
- It detects the fault by detecting excessive amount of current flow within the circuit and breaks the circuit as soon as possible.
- Initially, fuses were used instead of MCB.
- Fuses need to be replaced after a short circuit while MCB just has got to be reset and it'll start functioning.
- MCB offers greater operational safety and is convenient to use.
- MCB is designed to protect against over current and over heating faults.
- When the current exceeds the predefined limit MCB automatically turns off and breaks the circuit.
- To restart the circuit MCB has to be turned on manually.
- In case of over heating MCB takes 2 seconds to 2 minutes to trip.
- Handling MCB is safer than fuse for electrical appliances as well as human beings.
- In MCB, faulty wire trips off from original position which makes it considerably easier to detect faults.
- It provides a far better interface by using a knob.
- MCB is reusable and hence is cheaper then fuse.
- It is more sensitive to current.
- To return supply, you only need to push the knob.