EJB Full Form | What is the Full Form of EJB
EJB Full Form - Enterprise Java Bean
Full Form of EJB
- EJB stands for Enterprise Java Bean. It's a Java application programming interface (API) for Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (JEE).
- It's provided by Sun Microsystems to simplify the development of large, secured and scalable distributed applications.
- EJB component may be a server-side and platform-independent software component that represents the business logic in scalable, multilayer and distributed applications. Thus, it simplifies the appliance developers work by allowing them to specialize in their business logic.
When is EJB needed ?
- When the data and resources are distributed across various sites.
- When the application is performance-centric and it must be scalable.
- Once you got to manage the transactions; EJB container can manage your transactions boundaries.
- When the application needs encapsulated business logic; separation between business logic and display.
- There are three types of EJB;
- Session bean
- Entity bean
- Message-driven beans
Types of EJB
- Session bean : It implements the business logic of the client, e.g. it can calculate interest on deposits for a banking application.
- Entity bean : It's a data component that persists the data within the database.
- Message-driven bean : It manages messages asynchronously, so utilized in asynchronous communication scenarios like receiving JMS messages.