BCCI Full Form in Cricket | BCCI Full Form Chairman
BCCI Full Form - Board of Control for Cricket in India
- BCCI stands for Board of Control for Cricket in India. It's the national governing body for cricket in India.
- This is often formed in December, 1928 to exchange Calcutta Cricket Board and headquartered at Mumbai.
- It's related to International cricket Council (ICC) and is that the richest cricket board within the world.
- It controls all tournaments inside and outside India. It's the authority to pick out players, umpires and officials to participate in international events.
- The BCCI officials are elected by the representatives of state cricket associations. BCCI is headed by the president which is that the highest designation in BCCI.
- Its current president (as of July 2017) is Vinod Rai. He's the former Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG). The logo of BCCI is derived from British Indian flag during the colonial period.
- BCCI's First President : R.E.Grant Govan
- BCCI's First Secretary : Anthony De Mello
- BCCI has 27 state association members and three non-playing members from the all 5 cricket zones in India. These 5 cricket zones are:
- North Zone
- South Zone
- East Zone
- West Zone
- Central Zone
BCCI - Functional Area
- BCCI remains accountable for selecting sports persons for various tournaments. This is often the richest sports entity in India and conducts many tournaments nationally and internationally. BCCI doesn't rely on the govt of India (GoI) for financial issues. BCCI members are selected by the members of the State Cricket Association.
BCCI President - Duties
- The BCCI and thus the board of members handle significant events like IPL, decide the sponsors, the dates of the events, the opponent teams, and more. After an intensive discussion with the team captain, the BCCI president selects the players for the upcoming events as per their performance within the previous matches.
Tournaments conducted by BCCI
- BCCI conducts the following tournaments in India
- Indian Premier League (IPL)
- BCCI Corporate Trophy
- Irani Cup
- Ranji Trophy
- Duleep Trophy
- Vijay hazare Trophy
- Deodhar Trophy
- Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
- NKP Salve Challenger Trophy