BARC Full Form | Full Form of BARC
BARC Full Form - Bhaba Atomic Research Center
Bhaba Atomic Research Center
- BARC stands for Bhaba Atomic research center. It's a premier nuclear research centre in India. It's located in Trombay, Mumbai.
- Its main job is to find out the peaceful applications of nuclear energy particularly within the area of power generation and utilization.
- As of 2016, Mr. K. N. Vyas is that the Director of BARC. He’s engineering graduate from Maharaja Sayajirao (MS) University of Vadodara.
- BARC also conducts research on spent fuel processing (used fuel processing), disposal of nuclear waste, agriculture, and medicine, etc.
- It's also responsible for the graceful functioning of varied nuclear reactors within the country.
- The nuclear program in India was started by Dr. Homi Jehangir Bhabha. In 1945, He established Tata Institute of Fundamental Research ( TIFR ) for nuclear science research.
- In January 1954, Dr. Bhabha established atomic energy Establishment, Trombay (AEET) to intensify the nuclear programs and exploit nuclear energy for the betterment of the state.
- Dr. Bhabha also established various BARC Training Schools to satisfy the manpower needs of the atomic energy research and development programs.
- In 1966, after the demise of Dr. Bhabha, AEET was renamed Bhabha Atomic Research Centre ( BARC ) on 22 January 1967.
- The experts at BARC continued the nuclear research programs with an objective to form India independent within the area of electrical power generation.
BARC research on various sectors
- BARC is indeed researching various field including,
- Using nuclear fuel recycling
- Medicine field
- Agricultural sector
- It is also accountable for the country’s smooth operation of the numerous nuclear reactors.
- Nuclear waste management process and so on.
Bhaba Atomic Research Center Research on Various Sectors