NRC Full Form in India | Full Form of NRC | What is NRC Full Form
NRC Full Form - National Register of Citizens
- NRC stands for National Register of Citizens. It's the register containing names of Indian Citizens in Assam, i.e. an inventory of Indian citizens of Assam.
- It had been prepared for the first time in 1951 after the Census of 1951.
National Register of Citizens
- It is updated to incorporate the names of these persons (or their descendants) who appear within the NRC, 1951 or in Electoral Rolls up to the midnight of 24th March 1971 or during a document issued up to midnight of 24th March 1971 that's a symbol of their presence in Assam or the other a part of India on or before 24th March 1971.
- The names included within the NRC, 1951 or in an Electoral Roll up to the midnight of 24th March 1971 together are called Legacy Data.
- Accordingly, there are two conditions for an individual's name to be included within the updated NRC list of 2018:
- The person's name should exist within the pre-1971 period or within the legacy data.
- The person should prove linkage with an individual whose name appears within the legacy data.
- The demand to update the NRC of 1951 was first raised by the All Assam Student's Union (AASU) and Assam GanaParishad around three decades ago.
- These organizations had submitted a memorandum to the Centre on January 18, 1980 and on Revolutionary Organization 17 November , 1999 at a tripartite meeting a choice was made to update the NRC and centre sanctioned funds to start out the exercise.
- Recently, the method of NRC update was started in Assam as per the order of Supreme Court in 2013. It aims to comb out the illegal migration from Bangladesh and other adjoining areas.
- The NRC is updated under the Citizenship Act, 1955 and consistent with rules mentioned within the Assam Accord. The ultimate list of NRC is released on 30th July 2018.
Eligibility Criteria for Inclusion in NRC
- A person should be included within the Census of 1951
- A person should get on the Electoral Rolls up to midnight 24 March 1971
- A person should be the descendants of the above-mentioned persons
- A person who came to Assam on or after 1 January 1966 but before 25 March 1971 and got himself registered according to the principles of the Central Government made for the Foreigners Registration Regional Officer (FRRO) or an individual who isn't declared as illegal migrant or foreigner by the authority.
- A D voter can apply to be included if he or she is said non-foreigner by a appropriate Foreign Tribunal.
- A person, who can provide anybody of the documents mentioned within the list of documents and issued up to midnight of 24 March 1971, is eligible for citizenship.