JSF Full Form | What is the Full Form Of JSF
JSF Full Form - JavaServer Faces
Java Server Faces
- JSF stands for JavaServer Faces.
- It's a framework that helps you build user interfaces for JavaServer applications.
- It provides the quality set of tools for creating a interface.
- These tools simplify the creation of Web applications, e.g. you don't got to code an web form in HTML ; you'll call an easy JSF function to get the HTML.
- Similarly, another JSF function allows you to process data entered by the user. The JSF functions are processed on the server and therefore the processed data is produced on client's browser as output.
Prerequisite to use JSF
- A Java runtime environment
- The JSTL tags library
- JSF Implementation
- A web-container
JSF Main Features/Advantages
- It is supported the Model-View-Controller concept.
- It has a stateful UI component model.
- It supports the listeners on UI components.
- It also supports the data validation, data binding, and conversion between UI and therefore the model.
- It separates the display of the component from the functionality of the component.
- It is a component-based Web framework that permits you develop applications quickly.
- Many component libraries are available for JSF like Primefaces, RichFaces, ICE Faces, MyFaces and Open faces.
- It has inbuilt Template Layout Feature.
- JSF 2 is given Facelets technology which is suggested for building JSF based web applications.