CST Full Form | Full Form of CST
CST Full Form - Central Sales Tax
- CST stands for Central Sales Tax.
- It's a kind of indirect tax which is imposed on goods that are sold from one state to another state.
- The dealer of one state imposes CST on goods sold to the buyer of another state.
Central Sales Tax
- CST is governed by Central State Tax Act, 1956.
- This Act provides the definition of inter-state trade, describes the situations where CST is applicable, penalties and trade restrictions etc.
- CST is governed by the central government of India but its chargeability is state specific.
- CST is an indirect and origin based tax as it is administered by the state in which the sale originates and is payable within the state where the product is sold.
- It's just for inter-state transactions. It's not applicable on goods sold within a state and import or export of products.
- CST is exempted on few occasions, some of which are as follows:
- It is exempted when outward freight is charged separately and outward insurance of goods is passed to the buyer during dispatch.
- It is exempted if the products are returned within 180 days.
- The sales to sezs and foreign missions also are exempted from the CST.
CST Full Form - Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
- CST stands for Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus.
- It's a historic railway station located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. CST formally referred to as Victoria Terminus (VT) is meant by Frederick William Stevens and is predicated on the Victorian-Gothic sort of architecture.
- CST is also a UNESCO world heritage site and therefore the headquarters of Central Railway in India.
- It is the foremost famous landmark of Mumbai. Its entrance gate has two columns, one is crowned with a lion (represents Great Britain) and another one is crowned with a tiger (represents India).
- It's mostly made from limestone and sandstone and its interiors are lined with Italian marble.
- CST was built in 1888 in Victorian Gothic Revival style. It was named Victoria Terminus after the then reigning Victoria.
- It took ten years to finish the development of CST. It had been opened to queen Victoria on her Golden Jubilee in 1887.
- In 1929 , Central Railway built an administrative headquarters and a replacement station to handle the most rail traffic at Victoria Terminus.
- In 1996, the Railway Minister Suresh Kalmadi renamed it Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST).
- In 2004, it had been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
CST Full Form - Central Standard Time
Central Standard Time
- CST stands for Central Standard Time (CST).
- It represents a zone which is 6 hours behind the Coordinated universal time (Greenwich Mean Time - GMT). So, to find the quality time in this zone you've got to subtract six hours from the universal time.
- CST is observed mainly within the territories of North and Central America.
- On the idea of different geographical locations, CST can have many additional names, a number of which are as follows:
- Central Time or CT
- North American Central Standard Time (NACST)
- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC) in French
- Tiempo Central Estandar ( CST) in Spanish
- UTC -0600