CII Full Form | What is the Full Form of CII
CII Full Form - Confederation of Indian Industry
Confederation of Indian Industry
- CII stands for Confederation of Indian Industry.
- It's a not-for-profit and non-government organization that's established to create a conducive environment for the development of industry and civil society in India through advisory and consultative services.
- It was founded in 1895 and has more than 8,000 members from both the private and public sectors. As of July 2017, Ms. Shobana Kamineni is the president, and Mr. Chandrajit Banerjee is that the Director General of CII.
- To fulfill its primary goal of developing Indian industry, CII performs various activities, some of which are given below:
- To identify and support the role of industry within the economic development of India
- To strengthen industry commitment to society
- To provide up-to-date information to industry and government
- To support the industry in its efforts on quality, environment and consumer protection
- To address the needs of small sector to make it more productive
- To support the globalization of Indian industry and its integration into the world economy
- In 1895, 5 engineering firms, the members of the Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry, joined hands to make the Engineering and Iron Trades Association (EITA). It was established to pressurize the colonial government to place government orders with companies based in India.
- In 1912, EITA was renamed IEA to reflect the association's intention to exclude traders from membership and promote the cause of manufacturers.
- In 1942, Engineering Association of India (EAI) was established as an affiliate of the Indian Chamber of Commerce to promote the engineering firms owned by Indians.
- In 1974, IEA and EAI were merged to make Association of Indian Engineering Industry (AIEI).
- In 1986, the AIEI was renamed Confederation of Engineering Industry (CEI) to reflect the growth of the organization.
- In 1991, Industrial licensing was abolished.
- On 1st January 1992, the CEI was renamed Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in keeping with government decision of liberalization of the Indian economy. Since 1992, rapid expansion and consolidation helped CII to become a reputed business association in India.