SEBI Full Form | Full Form of SEBI
SEBI Full Form - Securities and Exchange Board of India
Securities and Exchange Board of India
- SEBI stands for Securities and Exchange Board of India. It has established on 12 April 1992 to manage the securities market of India.
- SEBI is headquartered in Mumbai. It’s four regional offices New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata and Ahmadabad.
- SEBI has opened local offices at Jaipur and Bangalore and planning to open offices at Guwahati, Bhubaneshwar, Patna, Kochhi and Chandigarh.
- SEBI was established by Government of India on 12 April 1988. It had been given statuary powers in 1992 with SEBI Act 1992 gone by the Indian Government.
- SEBI is managed by its members. Those members are:
- Chairman : He's nominated by Union Government of India.
- Eight Members : Out of eight, two members are the officers from the Union Finance Ministry, one member from the Federal Reserve Bank of India and the remaining five members are nominated by Union Government of India.
- Note : Out of those eight members, three must be whole-time members.
SEBI Eight Members
Powers of SEBI
- SEBI is incorporated with some necessary powers to function properly. These powers are:
- Check the books of accounts of economic intermediaries.
- Imposes fees and other charges on the intermediaries for performing its function.
- Ensure certain companies to list their shares in one or more stock exchanges.
- The main objective of SEBI is to protect the interest of investors in securities and promote the development of securities market.