PHD Full Form | What is PHD Full Form
PhD Full Form - Doctor of Philosophy
PHD Full Form
- PhD stands for Doctor of Philosophy. It's also called Ph.D, D.Phil or DPhil in some countries.
- A doctorate degree achiever can use a "Dr." title ahead of his/her name and referred as a doctor.
- Technically, the title doctor applies to anyone who has earned a doctoral degree. It's an independent, self-directed research degree supported by one or more supervisors.
- PhD may be a very prestigious and one among the very best earned academic degrees conferred by any university. Most of the PhD degrees require the completion of coursework, comprehensive exams, and a dissertation.
- It's a post graduation program and takes years of research and one has got to publish his or her work to be awarded with a PhD degree.
- It takes a minimum of 3 years of supervision for your original research work.
- The first objective of the PhD degrees is to organize subsequent generation of leading scientists and researchers.
- In the universities of Medieval Europe, study was organized in four faculties: The essential faculty of Arts, and three higher faculties: Theology, Medicine and Law.
- All of those faculties awarded intermediate degree as a bachelor degree and for the ultimate degree, master and doctor terms were used.
- This is a list of subjects for a PhD degree.
- Health care management
- Organizational behavior
- There could also be an issue came to your mind that why PhD is expanded as a doctor of philosophy if it's awarded in almost every field.
- Within the context of educational degrees, philosophy doesn't merely ask the sector of philosophy or the holder of PhD doesn't necessarily study philosophy, rather it refers to its original Greek meaning which is "love of wisdom".