CITU Full Form | Full Form of CITU
CITU Full Form - Centre of Indian Trade Union
Centre of Indian Trade Union
- The full form of CITU is that the Centre of Indian Trade Unions. It's one among India’s main CTU (Central Trade Unions).
- As their trade union wing, it's politically aligned with the Communist Party. It's a big presence within the state of Tripura in India and a good presence in Kerala & West Bengal.
- It's a mean influence in Tamil Nadu & Andhra Pradesh. In 2002, CITU had about 3,222,532 representatives, according to figures from the Ministry of Labor.
- It represents employee’s in all business areas, including employees within the manufacturing and services sectors like steel, pharmaceuticals, coal, electricity, building, road, rail, and textiles then on.
Main objectives of CITU
- CITU insists on socialism and operates with the conviction that by socializing all factors of production like distribution & exchange and creating a socialist state, exploitation of the labor are often prevented.
- The key goal, therefore, is to fight against any interference into the economic & social rights of employees and to hunt to improve their rights and liberties.
The CITU office bearers
- Vice president
- General secretary
Various composition of CITU
- The CITU comprises the following divisions:
- The Affiliated Unions
- The general council
- The General Council or working Committee
- The State Conference, The state councils and therefore the state committees
- At the session of the CITU Conference, the delegates gathered together
- The CITU General Session takes place once every three years. It's recognized because the CITU Conference and is CITU’s primary law of authority. Below are a number of its roles or abilities
- Adopting CITU policies and making required adjustments to them within the interests of the labor
- Find the problems of state committees and constituent organizations and introduce resolutions on problems for the event of the labor.
- Allows decisions concerning membership and disaffiliation of labor unions
- Conducts a general council & office bearers election
- The present Constitution could also be modified or changed if appropriate.
- The verified statement of accounts is checked and accepted and decisions are made in compliance with the Constitution of the CITU.