HDI Full Form | Full Form of HDI
HDI Full Form - Human Development Index
Human Development Index
- HDI stands for Human Development Index. It refers to a statistical tool that's used to measure the achievement of a country in its socio-economical dimensions, e.g. health of individuals, their level of education, and their standard of living.
- It's developed to emphasize that people and their skill and abilities should be the most criteria for evaluating the development of a country, not economic growth only.
- HDI was developed by Indian Economist Amartya Sen and Pakistani economist Mahbub ul Haq. Later, it had been used by United Nations to guage the social and economic development of the countries.
Hdi is Calculated on The Idea of Four Parameters
- HDI is calculated on the idea of 4 parameters which are as follows:
- Life expectancy at birth
- Expected years of schooling
- Mean years of schooling
- Gross value per capita: standard of living
- The higher score of HDI of a country shows that the people of this country have better lifespan, education level and better GNP per capita.
- HDI is published annually by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). It ranks countries on the basis of HDI report released in its annual report.
- HDI is taken into account one among the simplest tools to periodically evaluate the development of a country because it is based on all the main socio-economic indicators which are liable for the economic development.
2016 Human Development Index Top Ten Rankings
|Mean Years of
Income per Capita