AM and PM Full Form | What is AM and PM Full Form
AM and PM Full Form - Anti Meridiem and Post Meridiem
AM PM Ful Form
- AM stands for Anti Meridiem, PM stands for Post Meridiem.
- AM and PM both are Latin words, utilized in 12-hour clock system to represent Before Noon and After Noon respectively. They're also represented as A.M. and P.M.
- AM expand as Anti Meridiem which suggests "before midday" and PM expand as Post Meridiem which suggests "after midday".
Day AM PM
- They are used to differentiate the time in day and night within the 12-hour zone. They divide the 24 hours of each day into two time zones lasting 12 hours each.
- The first 12-hour duration runs from midnight to noon (12 am to 12 pm) and is designated by am. The second 12-hour duration runs from noon to midnight (12pm to 12 am) and designated by pm. So, the numbers from 1 to 12 followed by am or pm are wont to identify all 24 hours of the 12-hour clock system.
- If I say that i will be able to come at 6 O'clock so it's going to be confusing that it's 6 O'clock within the morning or 6 O'clock within the evening.
- Thus, to remove this confusion, AM and PM Pm is are used in 12-hour clock system. Accordingly, 6 am is early within the morning and 6 pm is late within the afternoon.
- It represents time from midnight to noon. ( 12:00 AM to 11:59 AM ). For Example : If you say that you simply need to go college at 10 AM, it means 10 O'clock within the morning.
- It represents time from noon to only before midnight. ( 12 Pm to 11:59 PM ). For Example : If you say that you simply need to take dinner at 10 PM, it means 10 O'clock within the night.
The terms 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. often cause confusion also they're not technically correct. So, it's advised to use 12 noon instead of 12pm and 12 midnight instead of 12 am.
To avoid the confusion, the airlines and insurance companies use 12:01 am to mark the start of an occasion which begins with the day and 11:59 pm to mark the end of an event which ends with each day.