EEG Full Form in Medical | Full Form of EEG in Medical
EEG Full Form : Electroencephalogram
- EEG stands for Electroencephalogram. It's a test that's performed to see the electrical activity of the brain.
- The brain cells, which are called neurons, communicate with one another through electrical impulses.
Full Form of EEG
- EEG provides a measure of brain wave, i.e., how the brain functions over time. It tracks and records brain wave patterns or the electrical signals of the brain.
- The machine wont to perform this test comes with small metal discs with thin wires, which are called electrodes. These electrodes are placed on the scalp from where it sends signals to a computer to record the results.
- For a normal brain activity, it makes a normal or recognizable pattern, except for abnormal brain activity, the pattern could also be distorted or unrecognizable.
How EEG Works : ( full form of eeg )
- EEG may be a safe and painless procedure.
- The electrodes placed on the scalp devour electrical activity from the brain cells (neurons) inside your brain and forward it to a machine where they're displayed as a series of lines recorded on a moving paper or displayed on a display screen.
- After getting the results, the technician will take the electrodes off.
- A doctor who focuses on the brain, like a neurologist, will analyse the recordings of your brain wave pattern.
Why EEG Performed ?
- The EEG is performed to diagnose the following medical conditions or under the following circumstances :
- To diagnose and monitor seizure disorders.
- To diagnose epilepsy and sleep disorders.
- To find out the explanation for other problems like sleep disorders and changes in behavior.
- To evaluate brain activity after a severe head injury or before a heart or liver transplant.
- To show the type and location of the activity within the brain during a seizure.
- To confirm or rule out various conditions like Encephalitis, brain tumor , Encephalopathy, and Stroke Dementia.