DST Full Form | What is the Full Form of DST
DST Full Form - Department of Science and Technology
Department of Science and Technology
- DST stands for Department of Science & Technology.
- It's a department that belongs to the Ministry of Science and Technology in India.
- It had been established on 3 May 1971 to market new areas of Science and Technology and to act as a nodal department for organizing, coordinating and promoting Science & Technology activities within the country.
- DST performs various tasks associated with specific projects and programmes, a number of which are as follows:
- Formulates the policies associated with Science and Technology.
- Handles matters associated with the Scientific Advisory Committee of the cabinet (SACC).
- Promotes the new areas of Science and Technology with special emphasis on emerging areas like bio-fuel production, processing, and applications and utilization of by-products to supply value added chemicals.
- Coordinates the areas of Science and Technology having cross-sectoral linkages.
- Undertakes or financially sponsors scientific and technological surveys, research and development.
- Manages and coordinates Management information system for Science and Technology.
- Promotes Science and Technology at the State, District and Village levels through State Science and Technology Councils and related mechanisms.
- Develops applications of Science and Technology for ladies and weaker or disadvantaged sections of the society.
- DST introduced various streams which later established themselves as departments or maybe ministries with focused goals and objectives.
Four Types of Science
department-of-Science and Technology Types
- MACS-Agharkar Research Institute
- International Advanced Research Centre for metallurgy & New Materials ( ARCI )
- Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)
- Vigyan Prasar Indian Board of Science Education (IBSE BOARD)
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories ( NABL )
- National Centre for Medium-Range weather forecasting ( NCMRWF )
- National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation ( NATMO ), Calcutta
- Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun
- Survey of India, Dehradun
- India Meteorological Department ( IMD)
- DST-Centre for Policy Research, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh