EBV Full Form | What is the Full form of EBV
EBV Full Form - Epstein Barr virus
Epstein Barr Virus
- EBV stands for Epstein - Barr virus . It's an epidemic that belongs to herpes family.
- It's also referred to as human herpesvirus (HHV-4).
- EBV is that the prime cause of infectious mononucleosis.
- It also causes certain types of cancers like Hodgkin's lymphoma, Burkitt's lymphoma, gastric cancer, nasopharyngeal carcinoma.
Packaged RNA in Epstein Barr Virus
- This virus mainly spreads through saliva, e.g. once you kiss an infected person, drink water using infected person's glass or use his or her toothbrush. So, it's also mentioned as infectious mononucleosis.
- It's also found in blood and semen so there are chances that it's going to spread through transfusion, sex or organ transplant.
- EBV is around 122-180 nm in diameter. It's a helix of DNA which contains around 172,000 base pairs and 85 genes.
- The DNA is surrounded by nucleocapsid which successively surrounded by Tegument.
- The tegument is surrounded by an envelope containing both lipids and glycoproteins within the form of surface projections which infect the host cells.
- An EBV test, which may be a blood test and also referred to as "EBV antibodies", is conducted to spot an EBV infection.
- This test detects the antibodies produced against EBV antigens.
- The Symptoms may take 4 to six weeks to seem, after the EBV infection. A number of the common symptoms are as follows:
- Sore throat
- Lack of appetite
- Muscle aches and headaches
- Swollen glands within the neck