INR Full Form | What is the full form of INR
INR Full Form - Indian rupee
Indian Rupee Full Form
- INR stands for Indian rupee. It’s an official currency of the Republic of India which is issued and controlled by reserve bank of India.
- Rupee is divided into paisa. 1 Rupee = 100 paisa, i.e. in 1957, the Rupee is split into 100 naye paise.
- Indian rupee is available in denomination of coins and denomination of notes. Coin denomination has 1, 2, 5, 10 rupee coins and Notes denomination contains 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, 2000 rupee notes.
- Sometimes ago, there have been also the denomination of 1 paisa, 2 paisa, 5 paisa etc. but these small denomination are removed now.
- It is believed that the rupee was first introduced in the Middle Ages (1486-1545) by the Sher Shah Suri at a worth of 40 copper pieces per Rupee.
- Paper rupees were issued in 1770. During and after British rule, a rupee was divided into or equal to 16 annas.
- The symbol of Indian rupee "₹" is adopted by Government of India in 2010. It’s derived from Devanagari consonant "ऱ".
Currency Symbol of Indian Rupee
Security issues in INR
- Implementation of security features in Indian rupees is very critical in maintaining legitimate transactions in the Indian economy as there is always a chance of duplication of Indian rupee notes. The duplicate notes could be the massive cause of the economy’s weakening and decline.
- In order to avoid duplication, the following points are included.
- Attach safety thread
- Using Identification Tags
- Usage of watermark
- Usage of fluorescence and optically variable ink.
|English||One rupee||Two rupees||Five rupees||Ten rupees||Twenty rupees||Fifty rupees||Hundred rupees||Five Hundred rupees|